Foreign Language Courses & Grinds
Would you like to learn a foreign language?
Are you preparing for an exam? Have a look at our broad range of Foreign Language Courses.
We offer group and one to one Foreign Language Courses to students of all levels: from A1 to C1.
We also offer Junior Cert Cycle, GCSE, Leaving Cert & A Level grinds.
- OUR TEACHERS are:
- Fully qualified
- Garda Vetted
Does our timetable not suit you? No problem. We can offer you the following:
- Organise your own group of 5+ students: contact us to check for a free slot and we will provide your course at a timetable of your choice.
- Sign up for one-to-one lessons and personalize your timetable weekly: perhaps you can attend Tuesday morning this week but it only suits you to come Thursday evening the next week; maybe this week is extremely busy at work so you would prefer to do two lessons the following week instead. We can help.
The location does not suit you?
- Choose an online course: our online courses are very flexible and offer a wider range of languages than our on site courses (they include Chinese, Russian, Portuguese, Italian, Japanese… tell us what you need and we will cater for it). Your timetable will be negotiated with your teacher and you will be able to take your lessons anywhere with WIFI connection.
- Tell us where you are and we will come to you: the price of the lessons (both group and one to one) is higher when we have to travel. Get in touch and we will provide you with a quotation.
- Diane Lally (parent): Thank You ID Languages! My son received a great result on his Spanish Leaving Cert. The one on one classes he had with Arantxa were interactive, fun, and personalized to his ability. I am delighted he has learned a second language! I highly recommend ID Languages!
- Amy Warnock (student): Our Irish teacher Kathryn is so friendly and approachable. Her lessons are very student lead and informative.
- Deirdre McEnaney (parent): My son started French lessons with ID Languages while he was in 6th class. I wanted to give him a good start for secondary school. His French teacher Isabelle is absolutely fantastic, she is so enthusiastic and encouraging, he loves going to her lessons. She makes it really enjoyable and interesting to learn. He has come on in leaps and bounds since he started. ID Languages is very well run and organized, a great asset to the area. I cannot recommend it highly enough, it has proved to have been of great benefit to my son.
- Pam Hurst (student):I joined ID Languages a year ago, when I retired from teaching! I had studied Spanish for a year during college and I was looking for a class that would help me revive and extend this. ID Languages is providing exactly what I need – vocabulary and grammar taught in a really enjoyable way, through interesting activities, topics and everyday conversation in a small group. I would wholeheartedly recommend ID Languages.
CULTURAL EVENTS & ACTIVITIES:
Outside our school timetable, we organise different events and workshops so our students can
practice the languages they learn in the classroom and discover new things about different cultures.
We have movie nights, international food & dance events, country themed days… Here are a few!
International Food & Dance Event:
We learnt flamenco, salsa, Irish dancing, and swing dancing. We ate lovely dishes from different countries around the world. Everyone made something different for the occasion and we had two lucky winners of our dish competition: Krisztina from Hungary and Bea from Venezuela. Some great food was enjoyed. We also had dishes from Poland, France, Spain, the USA, Ireland, Mexico, Brazil, Cuba, Italy, India, and Lithuania! Take a look:
Spanish Christmas & New Year:
Our juniors learnt about Spanish festivities and traditions through song, baking,
dance and arts. We sang Christmas “Villancicos” in Spanish, we made child friendly “vino caliente”,
we learnt about the “Reyes Magos” and ate “turrón”.
Mexican Day of the Dead:
On the 1st of November, we celebrated the Mexican Day of the Dead traditions with
some delicious Mexican food and music. The youngest got to decorate their own sugar skulls. We had beautiful
Mexican face painting. Some of the bolder (and older) even brought their own tequila!